Friday, September 2, 2011

To Sir, With Love

It's one of those movies I can't resist. I have several... probably many if I actually take the time to think about it. One of those movies that if I see it listed on the guide in the TV I will *always* turn it on. No matter how much I've missed, even if it's just tuning in for the last 10 minutes I will turn it on every single time. I'm like that with some movies... and books I guess. I don't know if it's a little OCD of me for simply my tendency toward over-sentimentality. One of those.

"To Sir, With Love" was on this morning. One of those instances that I only managed to catch the last 10 minutes or so. Still, I love it. I love it every single time. Every scene I get to see is a small gift. So I watched. I cry every time I watch that final scene, and today was no exception. Today was different though as it hit me, powerfully, that those "kids" could be my son this year. My son will graduate from HS and go out into the world on his own for the first time ever. Not the same as the kids from the show going out to find jobs and make their way. My son will go to college and be in that "in between" time of life where there are people around that will watch out for him but he'll still be responsible for himself for the most part. It's a step for him... not a full out leap into the real world just yet... but getting close... taking those steps... away from us and into his own independence... his own life away from us. Like he should. ::::heavy sigh:::::

No comments: