Saturday, May 2, 2009

blah

Sometimes things get me down.
Things I hate...

-- I hate that we're on Yale/New Haven Children's Hospital's email list. I won't say more than that.

-- I hate that Boo has a list of Dr.'s and specialists as long as my arm... and I know all their names and most of their phone numbers by heart.

-- I hate that any week we don't have a Dr.'s appt. is a good week... and they are pretty rare.

-- I hate how people look at Boo sometimes.

-- I hate that people judge us because of the size of our family.

-- I hate that it's hard to find time for everything and everyone... and so a lot of things slide. I hope it's the unimportant things we're letting slide.

-- I hate that next week we have to get new foot/leg braces for Boo.

-- I hate his braces.

-- I hate the marks they leave all over his little legs.

-- I hate that he cries when he sees us going to get them.

-- I hate that last week they made his legs bleed.

-- I hate that I have to be the bad guy and put them on him when I probably hate them almost as much as he does.

-- I hate that with shorts weather upon us people will see them more and make more judgments about Boo.

-- I hate that they're SO hot and he's going to have to endure them all summer.

-- I hate that I can't take away all his pain and all his problems and make his life perfect.

-- Lately I really hate that we don't have money. It never used to bother, but lately it's getting in the way and that sucks.

-- I'm hating myself a little bit lately too. Back to the old guilt. It'll go away in time, it always does. I'm telling myself it's because I'm hormonal.

Blech. Just blech. I need some sleep.

1 comment:

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Patti, honey, that's what mommy's do. We do the things we hate because ultimately, it's the best for our kids. Even if they hate it at the time...

Romans 5: 3-5
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.