Kay has cancer. Four words. Four short words. That wreak havoc on a family and those that love them. I don't know how to feel to be honest. I feel like it hasn't hit me yet. It hasn't sunk in. I still have that feeling that we're young and she'll be okay because people MY age don't die from cancer. Of course that's completely false and people my age, and much younger, die from cancer every day. Just a year ago Maureen passed away and really not all that much older than Kay is now. I remember sitting in the church with Boo and the Kitten watching her boys with their Dad and being torn up by the thought of the pain and grief they were all experiencing. It scares me to think of looking at Mike with Andy and Beth in the same way.
I don't understand this world. I never have and I never will. I just don't know what to do next. I thought of planning a trip to SC this summer but I don't even know what Kay will be up to and descending with 6 kids is a lot for anyone to handle. I just don't know what to do. I feel so helpless and lost and wishing so much that I could reach out to my brother and offer him the support and love I know they are all going to need during this time... but how can I do that from so far away? I can only tell him that we send our love and our prayers and hope that's enough... but it doesn't feel like enough. I'm sorry.
New Chapters
13 years ago
1 comment:
I am SO sorry for your sister in law. I'll be praying. Hang in there. We just all do what we can..
and remember, God tells us "My ways are not your ways"..
Post a Comment