Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Crazy for You

I'm not a Madonna fan... but I love this song. This song is all about The Man for me. I hear it, like now as I listen to it while typing this, and it elicits thoughts of The Man that sweep me away... that give me butterflies in my stomach, goosebumps up and down my arms and reminds me to send up a prayer of thanks for that man. God I love that man. With a love that is sometimes unbelievable to me. A love I can't explain. He means EVERYTHING to me. He is the reason I breathe in and out every day. He is the reason I get out of bed in the mornings. It's in his arms that I find some of the only peace I ever find in my crazy, chaotic, insane life. When everything is falling apart around me and I feel like I'm going to explode from overload, which frankly happens fairly often when you have six kids, just lying in his arms feeling his steady heartbeat underneath my fingertips makes me think that everything is going to be okay. That heartbeat... that's the rhythm of my life.

I never thought that after 23 years you could still love someone this way. That *I* could still love someone this way... but I do... oh how I do. With a gentleness and a ferocity and a white hot passion and as my best friend and my most trusted confidant and my reason for living.

I'm in love with you, My Man.

Crazy for You
Swaying room as the music starts
Strangers making the most of the dark
Two by two their bodies become one

I see you through the smokey air
Can't you feel the weight of my stare
You're so close but still a world away
What I'm dying to say, is that

[Chorus:]

I'm crazy for you
Touch me once and you'll know it's true
I never wanted anyone like this
It's all brand new, you'll feel it in my kiss
I'm crazy for you, crazy for you

Trying hard to control my heart
I walk over to where you are
Eye to eye we need no words at all

Slowly now we begin to move
Every breath I'm deeper into you
Soon we two are standing still in time
If you read my mind, you'll see

[chorus]

It's all brand new, I'm crazy for you
And you know it's true
I'm crazy, crazy for you

No comments: