Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Light

The light is changing again. It's still winter and cold and spring is a long long way off for New England. Still I can see it. The light is different. There's a different hue to it. There's a different feel to it. It's a sunlight that warms things given enough time. It's a sunlight that isn't bitter in the dead of winter. It's a light that filters through the atmosphere with a promise of spring... and then summer. It gives me hope - unlike when the light changes in August and it whispers through the trees and talks of fall and chill and shorter days on the horizon. This is the change of hope and new life and not of death and dying. So still in the dead of winter with a snowstorm on our horizon I can see the sunlight and know that it's holding promises for me.

This month is, thankfully, nearly behind us. Leap Year so one more day in this kidney stone of a month that I hate. I don't know why they have to do it in February to be honest. Keep February 28 days, nobody would mind that. How about instead on Leap Year we add a day to June. We could have June the 31st and let June feel like it can live up to it's big brothers July and August and show them that once every four years it, also, can have 31 days. I think that would be much more clever. :::sigh:::

So in comes March, very soon. Boo's birthday month. He'll be seven. This is the month with "Spread the word to end the word" and I will work towards doing something about that. This is the month that comes in like a lion and out like a lamb so I will wait for the lamb days hopefully. Hard month and not hard at the same time. Boo's birthday which is always very emotional and difficult and yet at the same time joyous. He's going to be seven my little Boo. Seven. Hard to fathom.

No comments: