Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day '11

So yesterday was Father's Day. Not a great FD for us. I mean not horrible, just kind of a "like every other day" kind of day more or less. We got The Man a few small things that he would like but I think I spent a total of $25. He was happy with that and the kids made cards and the Lil' 'Uns made stuff at school. The Man wasn't feeling so well yesterday and we're flat busted broke wondering how we're going to pay for groceries this week so no nice special dinner. The Man wasn't feeling much up for dinner anyway, I think he ended up having a piece of toast and the kids had left overs.

On the bright side me and my guy did get some nice "quiet time" alone. Which is pretty much the best thing in the world for me. I know he likes those special moments of intimacy and bliss too. We made love, we snuggled, we lounged in post coital bliss and shared pillow talk. I love that time with him. I love the sunlight coming through the windows and that warm light that envelops us and that feeling of completeness that I get from him. I love just feeling his skin beneath my fingers and feeling the rumbling of his chest against my cheek when he talks. I love when he laughs and my head rises and falls with his mirth. I love that my normally quiet husband will REALLY talk to me during those times. I love that he'll talk and tell me that things that are on his mind and the emotions he's feeling and he'll share with me all the million things that rattle around inside his brilliant mind. I dream of a day to come that maybe he and I can spend a weekend away together doing nothing but having those quiet moments of intimacy and closeness. Those weekends like before we had kids when now and then we would spend the entire weekend in bed just being together and nothing else in the world mattered.

So, maybe a downer of a day as far as being a father is concerned. Still I think it was a good day as far as being a husband is concerned. It was good for the both of us... and God bless those big kids for keeping the little ones entertained and busy so we could have that time. I know they get on my nerves and that sometimes I just get so annoyed that I want to run away from home but the reality is that they ARE really great kids.

No comments: