Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oh how I love My G-Man

I know all parents think that their kids are special. That somehow their child is exceptional and is going to grow up and change the world. All parents think that the sun rises and sets on their child. The difference between them and me is that *I* of course am right in thinking so. My G-man. He is something special. He's like no kid I've ever known. He's hardly a kid anymore though. He's going on 17 and so adult in so many ways... and still very dependent and a Mami's boy in so many others. He's at that age right in between being an adult and being a kid still. I love it. I mean really really really love it. He's not to big to want to sit with me and talk about stuff and hold my hand sometimes while he does so... and yet big enough to watch more adult TV shows and movies and be in on more "mature" jokes. He's at such a wonderful age. I want to treasure this age and be here forever with him. Having him be my boy while really he's very quickly turning into a young man.

I love that he is his own person. I love that he forms his own opinions. He listens to us and takes into account what The Man and I think but he forms his own opinion in the end. I love that just moments ago he and I were talking on the couch. I looked over at him as I ran my hand through his thick beautiful hair I told him how some day some girl is going to be so lucky to have such a wonderful man. I told him that he's brilliant and sweet and sensitive and artistic and loves in such a wonderful way... and then I told him "I don't know if you're romantic though. Your Dad doesn't have a romantic bone in his body, but I love him for a million different reasons." G-man stood up and smirked, he took my hand and said to me "Obviously he has a different romantic organ... 6 kids and all that." He laughed and ran off to do some video game thing.

My God how I love that boy.

No comments: