The Man has been taking good care of me. Great care of me really. I also started dieting shortly before rupturing my disk. I've actually lost 10½ lbs. in the past 12 days. I'm impressed with myself if I do say so myself. The Man has been vital in this and on top of keeping me plied with healthy foods and being my cheerleader has been taking care of me and my broken back. He works so hard.
It's the first weekend since I ruptured my disk and have been unable to even leave my room. The kids have been in and out. I think they're babysitting me. I don't think The Man told them to, I think they just do it. They love me. They worry about me. They see the absolute insane amount of pain I have been in for days now. So first Tinesy sat with me all morning and we talked. Then Mimi took a shift and we chatted while she did her online stuff on the kids laptop. Now G-man came up to sit with me.
G-man... he's a young man. My "adult" child at this point. He is laying on my bed snoring quietly right now. He's 18 and he adores me. He puts me on a pedestal and he adores me. He's growing up though... really fast. So now he lies there in my bed, with me watching over him and he sleeps. It reminds me that this isn't going to happen very much anymore... maybe ever. He doesn't come to our bed like the little ones do to sleep with us or lie in bed and talk. He's 18, he's not a little boy, he's a young man. So in the quiet I sit and I watch him and I try to appreciate ever moment, because this is a time gone by. This is a fleeting moment. This will pass and be gone. Later this year he leaves for college and he won't be under our roof all the time. He won't be just hanging out in my room with me because my back is out. He won't be THIS. He'll be on his own for the most part. So right now... seeing my absolutely gorgeous boy with his beautiful face and those amazing lips of his that we have no idea where he got them from sleeping I'm going to drink him in while I can. This is a stolen moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment