Friday, April 3, 2009

Moods, writing, The Man

You know it's kind of funny. I find that those times that I do write are usually under two circumstances. I'm either very upset/depressed/hurt OR I'm euphoric/happy/thrilled/overjoyed. I do some of my best work when I am truly in the depths of hell I think, but I also write sappy and ridiculous little things when I'm feeling happy... and that happiness 9 times out of 10 is tied to The Man.... as it is today.

I don't know why really, I am just feeling head over heals in love today. Last night when I went to bed The Man came up to lie down with me for a little while, like he always does, and we were talking. I was just laying my head on his chest quietly and he said "I'm in love with you" - it sent a shiver down my spine and I got butterflies in my stomach. We say "I love you" all the time, I mean seriously ALL the time. To hear him say "I'm in love with you" was different though and it really affected me. It felt SO good. I told him that I'm in love with him too and I could tell just by the look on his face that it gave him a shiver too. Wow. I can still do that to him too. I love that. Mostly I love that after 23 years together we are still head over heals in love with each other. I have religious issues lately but I will admit that not a day goes by that I don't take a minute to stop and thank God for The Man.

I was listening to music this afternoon and decided to listen to some Queen. The song "You're My Best Friend" came on and it always makes me think of The Man and smile. So I figured I'd share...

Ooh you make me live
Whatever this world can give to me
It's you you're all I see
Ooo you make me live now honey
Ooo you make me live

Ooh you're the best friend that I ever had
I've been with you such a long time
You're my sunshine and I want you to know
That my feelings are true
I really love you
Oh you're my best friend

Ooo you make me live

Ooh I've been wandering round
But I still come back to you
In rain or shine
You've stood by me, girl
I'm happy, happy at home
You're my best friend

Ooo you make me live
Whenever this world is cruel to me
I got you to help me forgive
Ooo you make me live now honey
Ooo you make me live

You're the first one
When things turn out bad
You know I'll never be lonely
You're my only one
And I love the things
I really love the things that you do
You're my best friend

Ooo you make me live

I'm happy at home
You're my best friend
Oh ya
Oh you're my best friend
Ooo you make me live
You you're my best friend.

No comments: