I am still wrestling with G-man about college admissions and applications. OMG. I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels on this one. I'm burning my tires out and going nowhere. He needs to get his Brown application in by Friday if he wants to go for early decisions and he's pushing back just as hard as he possibly can. The other thing is that while G-man writes beautifully, when he puts his mind to it, his "voice" is very tongue-in-cheek. It's just who he is. His natural style and personality are self-deprecating and humorous so getting him to write anything serious in a formal voice is near impossible to do. I mean... I love it... I do... he make me laugh like nobody else can... but it's also a problem. Like on one of the supplement forms one of the questions was "Tell us about where you grew up. If it was in one place all your life or if you moved a lot, whatever." So he spent about an hour coming up with "motto's" for our home town. I mean... some of them were freakin' hilarious... but still... I had to convince him that it was NOT appropriate. Some of his best... "NM your one stop shop for all your wicker and pine-cone needs." "NM the big red town in the little blue state." "The birth place of George W. Bush. We are SO sorry." (that last one was my personal fave). "NM where the only thing more numerous than the cows are the snowflakes." "NM where the winters are cold... and the Republicans are colder." "NM... grab your tractor and come on down and see us some time." "Our state is appropriately called "The Nutmeg State" -- because while it's nice to have nobody really NEEDS it." They were endless that's only a small sampling of the things he came up with. Honestly some were funny enough that I thought for a second about letting him use them... but then thought that it's likely that the admissions people at Brown probably don't want kids taking their application as a joke... but I admit to being torn cause all I could think is that if I had to read THOUSANDS of these over the course of a few months a little levity might be just the thing I was looking for. Who knows. In the end I think I may let him write something serious and then add in a little joke at the end to brighten it up. I guess we'll see. The point is that he hasn't just buckled down and DONE this stuff. His ED app has to be in by Friday... and he's stalling... sigh.
So anyway... was wound up tight as a drum last night. Couldn't sleep. Stayed up until 2am with The Man watching the end of series 3 of "Merlin." Watching Merlin and being alone was cool... the alarm going off this morning... not so cool. In the end I finally ended up taking a half of a Xanax to help me sleep. That caused two things... 1. my fasting blood sugar this morning ROCKED. 2. I had WEIRD dreams.
Dream 1: I had been sick for months. Not feeling well. Run down. Sleeping a lot. Nauseous and vomiting. Feeling awful. Finally The Man forced me to go the Dr. to find out what was going on with me as he was very concerned. At the Dr.'s office we found out that I was 12 weeks pregnant.... with TRIPLETS (one boy, one girl, one we couldn't tell due to position of the baby with the other babies). It was this huge shock. I was terrified... and excited (which is INSANE because I really am totally DONE with having babies). I remember being scared because I've had an ablation and would would that mean for the babies. I was worried about miscarrying. I was excited to tell the children. It was all very bizarre. I mean the truth is that I can't have more kids (ablation and tubes tied). I don't want more kids. My plate is more than full. However if I found myself pregnant we would, of course, HAVE more kids. Just weird over all.
Dream 2: it was G-man's graduation. I was taking care of Patty, the little girl I used to be a nanny for before G-man was born... and she was just a little girl... maybe 2 or 3. G-man's graduation was taking place at some mall nearby.... and they had frozen all the fountains and water "things" so that you could ice skate on them. The students were going to be walking across the ice to get their diploma's. While we were there they were giving out "honors" and "awards" for students... like pins to wear on their robes (like in the military) for graduation... and that G-man got so many they had to give them to us in a CASE. LOL! Yeah... even my sleeping brain thinks that G-man is pretty much the most awesome person on the planet :)
Weird dreams right?
Oh and in other news... G-man took his ACT's on Saturday. He says he thinks he did okay. Either The Man or I are taking him to visit Brown next Saturday. Mimi is entering into a writing contest. Biggle is now playing trumpet in band and seems to be enjoying it. Tinesy is making a dress in her "practical arts" class as her costume for Halloween... interested to see how that will come out. Boo went to his first birthday party EVER. He loved it and had a great time. It was a bit of a challenge for me but I got through... and he was so happy it makes it all worth while. Kitten has learned how to write her name. She's such a big girl.
All in all... life as usual with the parents burnt out a little more than usual. We just need some time off I think. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
No comments:
Post a Comment