The Man got me a new DS for Christmas. We don't have the money but my DS is a POS. Boo spilled juice on it like 8 or 9 months ago and it barely works now... for months now. The on/off switch gets stuck and doesn't move sometimes... and even when it does move sometimes it doesn't actually turn the power off or on. The buttons are all sticky and the button in the back don't work at all. Still, I figured I was able to play most of my games (Mario Kart was very difficult to play) and so that's how the cookie crumbles.
So The Man got me a new DS... the ice blue limited edition one that comes with Brain Age and a matching case and everything. VERY fancy. I was really excited... but also felt guilty because Tessa's DS isn't working very well either and she REALLY wants the ice blue one... but they're limited edition.
So I told myself that I wouldn't open MINE until I was able to find one for HER... and if I didn't find one for her I would give her my ice blue DS as a birthday gift. Well, I called half of the Game Stop's in the country where I knew ANYONE that could go pick one up for me and I finally found out. I found one outside of Boston and had them hold one for me and my friend Robin was kind enough to go pick it up. I sent her money for the game and the shipping and we should have it next week... and I'll put it aside and give it to Tessa for her birthday in 3 months.
Having found one I decided to finally open my own DS last night. I was so excited. Brand new.... all the buttons work... ice blue... new case.... new game. Seriously I know it sounds completely pathetic and childish but to me it was like I was a kid at Christmas and I had been waiting a long time to open it and now I felt that I could without feeling guilty and like a bad mom. So I did. I opened it and played with it and set it up and played my new game and giggled like a little girl.
This morning I got up and played my new game. Then I put it down to go do something for one of the kids and got distracted and one thing lead to another until I heard The Man in the family room screaming and yelling "NOOOOOO KITTEN!!!" Not a good sign. So I went in to find out what was wrong.
The Kitten spilled juice.... yes.... ALL OVER MY NEW DS :( It was everything I could do not to cry. I cleaned it off with a damp cloth and did my best to "de-stickify" it. Well now it's hours later and the on/off switch isn't working. It's stuck. I couldn't move it. I had to have The Man do it.
So now $150 that we didn't have later after about 14 hours of owning a brand new shiny DS it's a POS that the buttons don't work and it's sticky and mess.... oh and I checked... the back buttons are stuck too. I can't even express how I feel right now.
Just fuck me.
New Chapters
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment